- Eastern suburbs
- Long term contact opportunity
- Fantastic culture
Our client presently operates from 33 branches around Australia and New Zealand, and employs over 500 people, making them Australia’s largest family-owned importer and wholesaler of automotive aftermarket parts.
They are currently in search of a savvy Data Engineer to join their growing IT team. The Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimising their data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimising data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimising data systems and building them from the ground up.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Manage data migration efforts for ongoing large scale business system projects.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and various other technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Maintain and deploy data tools for analytics team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and functional experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications in in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (and related MS platforms) will be extremely highly valued.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Click the apply for job button below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.